Fall Sports Tryouts Information
Post date: Aug 6, 2018 5:37:35 PM
Fox Creek will be holding conditioning and tryouts for fall sports as follows:
Volleyball Tryouts: August 13th-15th
Cheer Tryouts: August 28th-29th
Football Conditioning: August 14th
These tryout and practices will take place after school from 2:45 – 4:45pm. Transportation will be available through the After School Program buses or students can arranged to be picked up upon completion of tryouts/conditioning. It is the coaches’ discretion to use any additional days necessary to select their teams.
Requirements for students to participate in interscholastic sports at Fox Creek Jr. High are as follows:
- Students must have their sports packet completed and turned into the front office before they are able to participate in any tryouts, conditioning, or practices.
- The sport packet includes permission to participate, proof of insurance, and physical exam form to be filled out by the physician. The physical exam must be less than a year old.
- The fee to participate in sports is $100 per sport per athlete (paid after announcement of teams).
- Tax Credits can be applied towards sports fees and are explained below.
- No matter how you pay, fill out the Tax Credit form to claim any amount that is possible.
- Students must maintain a passing grade (70% minimum) in all classes. See Sports Handbook for more details on academic and behavior expectations.
When you file your tax credit through Bullhead City Elementary School District, your student-athlete(s) is able to participate in all sports for free. Single individuals may contribute up to $200, which will allow one student to play multiple sports. For an entire family a $400 contribution allows an entire family to play multiple sports. If your student-athlete is only playing one sport, you can file a Tax Credit of $100 to apply towards the sports fee. By doing this, you will reduce the amount you have to pay by April 15th or increase your tax refund by the same amount. The tax credit is a major contributor for purchasing new equipment for athletics and every bit helps.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me. Thank you for your support.
Phone: (928) 704-2500